Sunday 12 October 2014

My week so far...

My first week as a Graphic Communication student has been both insightful and challenging. On the first day we were given all three of our briefs for the term. Coming from Graphic Design we were always given one project at a time so being given all three was very intense. However, I do prefer knowing exactly what I need to do for the whole term, rather than being rushed into a one week project.
Each project was very different and required separate outcomes. Create an image based on Passing Time, produce typography within a certain setting and create a motion image focusing on the narrative of soundscape. I decided to focus on generating ideas for each project  before develop each one. I found myself coming up with lots of ideas but struggled to find unique ways of expressing them.

I found 'Passing Time' the most difficult when it came to developing my ideas. Although I could think of lots of ideas I never felt passionate enough to want to develop them.
I am still struggling with this brief but am happy with my ideas for 'From point to Pixel' and 'Organic Kingdom' and am looking forward to developing them further.