Sunday 26 October 2014

Stop Motion Practice

As I have never created a Stop Motion video before I though I should have a practice and play around with a few of my ideas. The first is very basic, I really just want to get a feel for what a stop motion video is and play around with a title sequence.
I decided to keep both quite basic and keep the camera in the same place throughout with just a plain background.
Unfortunately while taking pictures for the second video attempt my camera ran out of battery so I had to rush the ending.


This is just a practice but it really helped me learn about Stop Motion first hand and if I was to develop this further what ideas I liked and what didn't really work. Also I'm not sure whether or not to have a title. I quite like the way I introduced my name but I didn't like the opening title sequence.

Also I want to show my age and I think just writing it on a scrap on paper is good enough. I defiantly need to discuss this with my tutors and get there advice.



If I am able to develop this idea then the next time I practice I want to play around with the surroundings and make the pictures really interactive. Although If I am not able to create the film I thought I could possibly make a flip book. I would rather it be a moving image but I want to try and think of different outcomes in case I can't.